Pioneer Events for Early Arrivers
30 Aug, 2018
Every year we like to reward all of you that buy your tickets. Your support truly means the world to us, and we are proud of the trust you place in us to throw a great party!
So, to say 'thank you' to all our wonderful ticket holders, we're putting on some great exclusive events. Most take place on Friday morning and early afternoon.
This year's events are:
- Bushcraft for Children. Friday, 10am. Meet next to Hawarden Castle Pavilion and join our forest school leader Kay, for a mini adventure. Expect den building, fire lighting, bug hunting and toasting marshmallows. *SOLD OUT*.
- Hawarden Old Castle Open. Friday, 10am-12pm. Explore this ruined 13th century castle, and enjoy spectacular views across Hawarden Estate. Open to all, no need to book.
- Woodland Run. Friday, 10:30am. Bring your trainers to Campsite B (The Castle Campsite) and join Joe Copper on a woodland run. Open to all, no need to book.
- Temple of Peace Tour. Friday, 11am. Join festival co-founder Charlie Gladstone on a tour of Prime Minister Gladstone's study, The Temple of Peace, in Hawarden Castle. *SOLD OUT*.
- Gladstone's Library Tours. Friday, Tours start at 11am, 12pm, 1pm, 2pm & 4pm. Walk up to Hawarden Village to find one of the finest residential libraries in Britain. Drop in to sign up.
- Lunch at The Glynne Arms. Friday, 12-2pm. Head into the heart of Hawarden Village to find The Glynne Arms, a wonderful 18th century former coachhouse, and now award-winning pub. Head Chef, Adam, will be cooking up a storm on the barbecue and join Alex from In The Welsh Wind Distillery for gin tasting and G&T making. Pay at the pub, call ahead to book your spot: 01244 569988.
- Drumming Workshop. Saturday, 11am. Join Ruairi Glasheen on the lawn of Hawarden Castle and release your inner drummer alongside Cerys Matthews. *SOLD OUT*.
*Remember, you'll need tickets in order to get in to the festival site. Please only prepare for these events if you have already got your hands on festival tickets!
Buy tickets here.